12 July 2012

Photos from the Field Trip

At our final science stop of the trip the group is still all-smiles and excited to explore and learn about the geology,
engineering, and history of the Roman-era gold mines we visited near Las Medulas.  Whose ready for two more weeks?
As promised, I have begun sorting through my photographs from the trip, and here is a first collection for you to enjoy.  This is a selection of pictures I took with my camera, including a few really good ones from my iPhone that were already posted on this blog, and which represent most of the geological and historical stops and activities from the trip:


It was hard narrowing it down to just 250 pictures! I took nearly 3000 photos between my iPhones and camera during the trip. It is a very beautiful country and we saw and did a lot of interesting things -- and this was a very photogenic group -- so I'll be posting an additional collection in the future for the trip participants interested in more great pictures of the geology, history, and themselves than we could fit into this first slideshow. 


We are also planning on putting together a "best of" collection, once more people have a chance to share their photos from the trip.  I'm looking forward to seeing some of the pictures taken of myself for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment